The Adventures Of Dr. Gene And WonderMum

Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Blessings of Sons and Neices

I look at our sons, and I think "My God! where did the time go" wasn't it just yesterday that my oldest was with me out on my parent's farm? Running through the mud, chasing chickens and ducks? Carrying the poor cats upside down and then wondering why they wiggled out of his grasp....good times. I also think back and remember my two neices (One of whom I raised) digging out in the yard at the farm for buried treasure. My father and I would sneek out and place coins and arrowheads under the dirt and then the two girls would go back to digging, thinking they had REALLY found buried treasure, keeping those little girls happy all afternoon, giggling with my dad as we watched them keep digging...running in to get ice cream and juice, then running out to dig some more, never figuring out that they were uncovering the SAME coins and arrowheads over and over...